ESDM, culture, context, and interdisciplinary collaborations
- class pilot project on facial expressions for happiness in Indian culture, compared to Western cultures
- research assistant in a lab that explores the topics of stereotypes, prejudices, and discrimination of
women in STEM majors.
- Participated, for 4 months, in a pilot study that investigated the application of ESDM therapy services,
in a group urban setting, utilizing Project Construct art activities, embedded into a 2 year old inclusive
- Master's thesis hypothesized that due to the lack of cultural assessments when EIBI treatment packages
are created, goals are not truly individualized to what is socially significant for that family. Therefore, EIBI
treatments may fail to truly generalize learning across all settings, and family members may fail to apply
therapy at home and in the community because it doesn't focus on what is important and relevant to the family.
- Similarities and differences of approaches to disability topics and services between behavior analysis
and disability studies.
- How language is used: the negative and positive reinforcements.
- Perspective taking using compassionate listening and responding techniques to information that is either
unknown to the listener or contrary to the listener's personal belief systems/worldview.